Kernel 2.6.10

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Tue Dec 28 06:05:06 UTC 2004

On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 01:49:25PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
 > On Monday 27 December 2004 11:46, Dave Jones wrote:
 > >On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 03:27:58PM +0100, Thomas Skybakmoen wrote:
 > > > Will it be part of next Fedora or updated from 2.6.9 in 3?
 > > > I want to se this apart of RHEL 4 since it has quite a bugfix
 > > > list and some new hardware and bsd runlevels- wich I hope can be
 > > > active.
 > >
 > >There's a merge to 2.6.10 already in CVS.
 > >I'll do a build sometime in the next few days for rawhide.
 > >FC2/FC3 will stick on 2.6.9 for a while, whilst the rough
 > >edges of 2.6.10 have been polished off.
 > >
 > >  Dave
 >
 > Pay attention to samba things

I wonder if thats the missing part of the security hole fix that
we carried in the -ac patch on which our 2.6.9 kernels were based.
It'll likely go out with 2.6.10-acX when I get around to building
it anyway, so if that is the case, we'll pick that bit back up.

 > , and to amanda things in 2.6.10 Dave,

That I hadn't heard about. Make sure upstream (linux-kernel)
hears about these problems too. Unheard problems go unfixed.

		Dave