Logical Volume Pernissions (PLEASE HELP)

Michael J. Pawlowsky mikep at mi-consultants.com
Tue Dec 28 14:14:18 UTC 2004

First thanks for the reply.

I added in /etc/udev/permissions.d/50-udev.permissions the line:

mapper/*:root:disk:0660

There are 2 files in /dev/mapper:

control
vg00-lvroot (my lv for the / partition)

The control file (which I don't really care about the permissions)
changed to owner "root" group "disk" with 0660. So I know my entry in
the permissions file is ok.

But the lv "vg00-lvroot" still has owner "root" group "root" and
permissions of "0600".

Any ideas?