( No Joy ) cd drive mounting

Osmo Laitinen ossi at pp.inet.fi
Tue Dec 28 16:20:56 UTC 2004

On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 09:10:06AM -0500, Mark Weaver wrote:
> Mark Weaver wrote:
> >Osmo Laitinen wrote:
> >
> >Hi Osmo,
> >
> >Thank you for the information. I'm going to give this a try, however I
> >doubt I'll have any need for the smp kernel. I'll post back and let ya
> >know how it goes.
> >
> >thanks,
> >

> well...after updating Hal, and Udev to the development versions
> everything remains the same. still, a normal user cannot mount the
> drives meaning they are not automounting as they should.
>
> --
> Mark

Did you update the kernel also? Naturally you won't have need for smp
kernel unless you hardware can benefit that (as HT intel and multicpu
machines), but you could try the latest normal dev kernel (which seem
to be kernel-2.6.9-1.1049_FC4 at the moment).
Since my automount problem did require that updated kernel (which, by
the way, broke my vpn-client... not good), you might need it also.

--
T:Ossi