Freeware Anti virus programs !

Tibor-Attila ANCA anca.tibor at gmx.de
Tue Dec 28 18:12:19 UTC 2004

Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 09:55:03AM -0800-i dátummal Rick Stevens ezt írta:
> Appeet wrote:
> >Hello everyone,
> >
> >I am back.
> >
> >Coming from the windows world, the first thing I get
> >for my computer is an antivirus software. So my
> >question is - Are there any good opensource freeware
> >:) anti virus programs! (Or) Do we even need one on
> >linux! :)
>
> ClamAV is very good, and it sure doesn't hurt to have one.  There are
> Linux viruses out there.  Not many, but a few.
Since he asked "freeware" and not open source, I can also mention
F-Prot:
http://www.f-prot.com/download/home_user/download_fplinux.html

I do not know, if AntiVir still gets problems with Fedoras prelinking,
but if not, than give it a try. Both of these are pretty easey to update
with a simple cronjob. And Amavisd-new find them automatically at a new
startup.

Greetings,
--
Tibor Attila ANCA