Freeware Anti virus programs !

Tony pthagonal at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 19:04:55 UTC 2004

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 09:51:23 -0800 (PST), Appeet <appeet at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am back.
>
> Coming from the windows world, the first thing I get
> for my computer is an antivirus software. So my
> question is - Are there any good opensource freeware
> :) anti virus programs! (Or) Do we even need one on
> linux! :)

Simple answer - don't worry. See other posts for why a linux user
should be bothered by viruses. (you are running as a user, and not as
root I assume)

More complex answrer - keep an eye on fedora extras -
http://www.fedora.us - who are about to relaunch very soon. There are
prebuilt clam-av rpms that I've seen in their repository that may
shortly be worth looking at.

Cheers,

Pthagonal.