Gameport and gamepad

Graham Campbell gc1111 at optonline.net
Tue Dec 28 18:29:29 UTC 2004

With a little extra time on my hands because of the holidays, I decided
to try to get my little gamepad to work. It is an Interact Propad 4
connected to the gameport on my on-board audio chip (Intel 82801). All
the HOW-TO's and the like that I have found are badly outdated. I am
running FC3 with the 2.6.9-1.681_FC3 kernel.

Can someone help me with a couple of sticking points. First, creating
the /dev entries for the joystick. I am just learning a little about
udev, but I am fighting that along with not knowing what device number
to use (I have seen contradictory information). And do I only need a js0
device entry, or is something else needed?

Second, a few hints about how to determine which modules to load and in
what order would be helpful. So far I have only managed to confuse
myself.

--
Graham Campbell <gc1111 at optonline.net>