FC3 + SELinux and mounting floppy as user

Richard H. Jensen rjensen at persistence.com
Tue Dec 28 21:49:57 UTC 2004

Hi. I've recently installed FC3 with the SE stuff enabled.
This is the first time I've tried to use the floppy drive
in my machine and I noticed that the floppy gets mounted
to /media/floppy, but I can't put any files on it.
I opened a console and su'd to root. Root can write files,
everyone can read and execute files, but I couldn't chmod
or chown anything on the floppy to allow a normal user
to copy files to the disk.

Am I right that this might be an SE Linux thing and I
should go read up on that?

Or is there something new in the kernel or fedora that
I need to learn? [I had used RH 6.x several years ago
and don't seem to remember having this kind of problem].

TIA,
Richard.