Using MiniDV camcorder with FC3

William Lovaton walovaton at yahoo.com.mx
Tue Dec 28 23:55:20 UTC 2004

Gustavo,

El lun, 27-12-2004 a las 05:16 -0600, Gustavo Seabra escribió:
> Thanks William. hwbrowser gives only the following:
>
> Selected Device:
>       Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 USB
> Manufacturer:  Unknown
> Driver:            uhci-hcd
>
> With no mention to the USB version. If I try connecting the camera
> anyway, could I break anything?

lspci -vv in my system shows this:

00:02.3 USB Controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] USB 1.0
Controller (rev 07) (prog-if 10 [OHCI])

If you connect your camera, the worst thing that could happen is that it
won't work, so don't be afraid.

For example, I have USB 1.0 and I can connect USB memory sticks
compatible with 2.0.  The only problem here is that transfer speed is a
lot slower but nothing else.

And remember the tip about "tail -f /var/log/messages" before connecting
the camera.  The output of this is really important if things doesn't
work.

-William