Sendmail: Domain of sender address does not exist

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Wed Dec 29 00:13:39 UTC 2004

Greetings Alexander ,

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Di, den 28.12.2004 schrieb Jeroen Lankheet um 22:34:
>

>>My rabbits survived X-mas, but my topic did not.
>>Does anyone have a clue what to check next?
>

>>Jeroen.
>

> 220 keet.lankheet.com ESMTP Sendmail 8.13.1/8.12.10; Tue, 28 Dec 2004
> 22:42:07 +0100
>
> As said, edit the .mc files and regenerate the .cf files.
>
> About which domain and which MX host are we talking?
>
> $ dig -t MX lankheet.com
>
> tells me
>
> lankheet.com.           2400    IN      MX      1 lankheet.com.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

For the underlinded part :

A quick look in the bat book reveals that the underlined part is wrong .
it should rather read

                           : 1 ( I would prefer 10 ) keet.lankheet.com
In other words it should specify the host to be conducted in order to
make the delivery ,
which is keet.lankheet.com ( the host ) and not lankheet.com which is a
domain .

> lankheet.com.           2400    IN      A       62.251.118.138

If i might ask , where is the A record for the  keet.lankheet.com  ?

After Sendmail reads the above MX record , Sendmail would try to resolve
the  host refered there .
So an A record similar to the one below would be needed .

keet.lankheet.com 	2400   IN	A	62.251.118.138  ( or whatever the correct
IP is )