MP3 playing problems (again)

Gustavo Seabra seabra at ksu.edu
Wed Dec 29 06:58:04 UTC 2004

Antonio Olivares wrote:

>Gustavo have you downloaded and installed for instance
>
>xmms-mp3-??? form
>http://heidelberg.freshrpms.net/
>more precisely
>http://heidelberg.freshrpms.net/rpm.html?id=402
>a file named  xmms-mp3-1.2.10-9.1.1.fc3.fr.i386.rpm as
>super user do a rpm -ivh xmms-mp*
>Then go to xmms and reove the MP3 Mpeg Place Holder
>and your mp3 files should play without a problem.  You
>could also have downloaded from yum or apt-get but you
>should still be able to play mp3's without a problem.

This is the version I have:
 >rpm -q xmms-mp3
xmms-mp3-1.2.10-10.0.3.kde

I don't recall exactly where did I get it from, but my guess is some of
the KDE repos. However, xmms seems to work: I can even see the graphical
equalizer thingies jumping up and down on the display, but no sound at all.

Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student
Chemistry Department
Kansas State University