FC 3 Samba Help

Michael Bradshaw Mbradshaw at lowratesusa.com
Wed Dec 29 18:51:32 UTC 2004

Hi All,
     I'm new to the list and to Fedora as well.  My main experience is with Solaris.  I'm having some trouble getting Samba going on a new server I've setup Fedora on.  I ran all the updates, and can ssh onto the server from my pc running Win XP.  When I try to map to a share on the Fedora box, I get 'The network path \\10.x.x.x\inet could not be found.'  I've done a bit of research and have turned off the Firewall, disabled SELinux and made sure the winbind service was running as well.  Any ideas?  Any help is greatly appreciated.  My smb.conf is below.
Thanks!
Michael

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 0.0.0.0 (0.0.0.0)
# Date: 2002/08/12 12:47:19
# /etc/smb.conf
#
# Make sure and restart the server after making changes to this file, ex:
# /etc/rc.d/init.d/smb stop
# /etc/rc.d/init.d/smb start

[global]
        workgroup = LOWRATES