Help with installation.

Simon Slater sslater at cybanet.net.au
Thu Dec 30 05:46:02 UTC 2004

Being a newbie to Linux, I am attempting to install Fedora from CD’s
supplied with ht book “Official Fedora Companion” onto an AMD K6/200 with
256MB RAM; 1x2.1GB and 1x40GB (only 20GB of which is recognized). I am
encountering 2 error messages:

1.	“/dev/hdb is inconsistent
. Linux detected BIOS geometry incorrectly

Using LBA is recommended.”  Both hard drives are in BIOS as LBA.

2.	“You are trying to install on a machine which is not supported by this
release of Fedora Core”

These CD’s installed successfully onto a PII with 64MB RAM, but ran slowly.
Are these messages related, or is the AMD platform a problem?  Where should
I go from here?

Simon