new kernel but doesn\\\\\\\'t show up in grub at system boot

zaggzigger no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Thu Dec 30 11:35:14 UTC 2004

Kam,

Thanks for your trouble, but I do not have a grub.conf file anywhere on my system (except for the broken link mentioned above).  There are no files in /boot/grub - the folder is empty.

Also, I don't understand what the machine is booting if the .667 kernel has been removed.  Obviously GRUB is getting a configuration from somewhere - but where - and where are the files it is pointing to?

I am concerned that if I create a grub.conf, it may corrupt my system terminally.

I like to understand what I'm doing - if only superficially.

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org