VNC and fc3

O'Neill, Donald (US - Deerfield) dooneill at deloitte.com
Thu Dec 30 17:56:44 UTC 2004

This is a easy one..

Replace the line -> tvm &

For a KDE desktop;

startkde &

For Gnome desktop;

gnome-session &

www.linuxtech.cc

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Scott Ward
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2004 11:48 AM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: VNC and fc3

Eucke - Below are the contents of my xstartup file. I didn't see
anything specific to my user session. One thing I did notice, however,
is that the script references "/etc/vnc/xstartup" which doesn't exist!
In fact, there is no vnc directory under /etc.

#!/bin/sh

# Uncomment the following two lines for normal desktop:
unset SESSION_MANAGER
exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

[ -x /etc/vnc/xstartup ] && exec /etc/vnc/xstartup
[ -r $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
vncconfig -iconic &
xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
twm &