DHCP Server

Suzzanah Harker suzzanah_harker at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 30 19:11:13 UTC 2004

Hi again,

Again I just want to know and will not implement
anything. A router in a LAN (with one server which
runs FC3) automatically assigns IP address to each
connected worskstation, so the router does all a DHCP
should do. What is the solution to get rid of IP
addresses for both servers and workstations in FC3 and
use domain names such as aaa.bbb.net instead ? Should
the server (FC3) be configured to be a DNS server or
still DNS and DHCP server ?

S.

Please visit:
http://www.unicef.org/