Red Carpet for FC3

Matt Morgan minxmertzmomo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 22:06:42 UTC 2004

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:35:29 -0600, Jack Brooks
<brooksfamily at sunflower.com> wrote:
> I'm new to FC3 and have installed it on my Compaq Presario 2800T.  The
> install went quite nicely with my only problem being a malfunction in
> the saving of my pcmcia wireless card settings.  But that's for a
> different post.  Right now I'm just wondering if anyone knows if/when
> the folks who make red carpet will make packages for FC3?  Also, about
> how long will it be before rpm repositories are set up for FC3?

Unless I misunderstand your question--there are already rpm repos for
FC3, a lot of them. Have a look at http://fedorafaq.org, especially at
their stuff on yum and apt, which are both very nice ways to handle
package management for Fedora Core. In particular they have great
sample config files, for example,

http://fedorafaq.org/samples/yum.conf

which take the tedium out of getting set up for painless rpm updates
and installations.

I don't use Red Carpet--I hear it's very nice, but if you haven't
tried it yet, give yum a try.