Firefox 32bit on FC3 AMD 64

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 23:05:10 UTC 2004

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:46:39 -0500, Frank <FIR at frank.net> wrote:
> Because there is no flash player for the 64 bit Firefox included in the
> amd64 FC3, I uninstalled the firefox rpm and installed firefox from the
> mozilla site.  Before I ran it I nuked the contents of the extensions
> directory (in my personal .mozilla), reasoning that it may contain 64
> bit extensions.

Last time I tried running the firefox installer from x86_64, it
segfaulted on me.  I guess they have fixed whatever was wrong, then.

> Firefox is running fine except that it won't install plugins.  I've gone
> through the install process for two different extensiosn (googlebar and
> web developer) and they both show as "will be installed when you restart
> firefox."  The problem is that I have restarted.  I've even rebooted.
> They are stuck in that state.

Works for me.  I went and installed the googlebar without any
problems.  I'm using the FC3 rpm:
$ rpm -q firefox
firefox-1.0-2.fc3

$ yum info firefox
Installed Packages
Name   : firefox
Arch   : i386
Version: 1.0
Release: 2.fc3
Size   : 21 M
Repo   : installed

> I've run firefox from the command line and there are no error messages.
>
> Any idea how to fix this?

Try unistalling the version from the installer and install the rpm with:
yum install firefox.i386

Maybe that will work better for you.  It seems to work just fine for
me.  Flash and Java work too.

> Frank.

Jonathan