FC3 + EXT3 Journal problems on thinkpad

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 31 03:58:34 UTC 2004

Jon Hill wrote:
> Hi
>
> I haven't given anyone anything much to go on here, but maybe someone
> could help point me in the right direction? Maybe Core 3 is just not
> going to work on this thinkpad or maybe it could be faulty hardware?

You could get Drive Fitness Test from Hitachi, if the drive is an IBM
Travelstar.  The 20GB drives had a problem with sudden and dramatic
failures.  I had one that would not 'hold' XP.  I finally got rid of it
and replaced it with another drive.

BTW, I use FC3 on an A22p and there are many running FC3 on different
models of IBM Thinkpads.  There even is a list for using Linux on IBM
Thinkpads.  Send me a message off-list if you are interested in
subscription information.

James McKenzie