MySQL WinXP to Linux

Mario St-Gelais legrimpeur at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 6 16:16:43 UTC 2004

Peter Kiem wrote:

>Hi,
>

>>I migrated a MySQL database inityally made on Win XP (yeah I know....)
>>on my new Linux system.  The database is present along with the tables
>>but I get the message "Didn't find any fields in" whatever table I try
>>to use.  I know file permissions are ok.
>>
>>Suggestions??  I read stuff on the Internet but there seems to be no
>>consensus...
>>

>Have you got the case exactly right?  If I remember right MySQL on Windows
>doesn't care about case in table and fields names but on Linux it does
>matter.

Indeed I do have lower and uppercases.   I had a web base application
running on Java (JSP) while using windows.  So I had to be careful when
using case.  The table names seems to be ok as I can see their names
when MySQL reports the errors. Ex : tblCompanyProfile.  But the field
not existing...  I guess I will have to test with a DB having only lower
cases named tables... :-(