[PHP] Fedora FC1 + PHP 4.3.4 + phpMyAdmin 2.5.6 rc1 - Problems Resolving Included Files

Dirk Wendland dirk.wendland at nexgo.de
Sat Feb 14 13:05:36 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 14.02.2004 schrieb Smallcreep um 10:50:
> On Sat, 2004-02-14 at 09:06, Dirk Wendland wrote:
> > Am Sa, den 14.02.2004 schrieb Radi Shourbaji um 01:05:
> > > Hello All!  I'm struggling to get phpMyAdmin working correctly on a new
> > > installation of Fedora FC1.  Despite my best efforts, phpMyAdmin keeps
> > > running into problems resolving included files. I'm sure that it has
> > > something to do with the settings in Apache / php.ini / .htaccess, etc but
> > > I've been pulling my hair out trying to get this combo to work..  I would
> > > appreciate it if someone could walk me through the settings needed to allow
> > > phpMyAdmin to work in this environment.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > Radi Shourbaji
> > > http://radi-shourbaji.blogspot.com
> > >
> > > --
> > >

> > Hello
> >
> > please check that "register globals" in php.ini is activated.
> >
> > You can also check with the script
> >
> > <?php
> > phpinfo();
> > ?>
> >
> > Good Luck
> > --
> > Dirk Wendland
> > homepage:www.develop.if2.de
> > mail:dirk.wendland at nexgo.de
> > working on:Develop a development tool for html|php|c++|java|OpenGL
> >

> Sorry, this won't do it and is insecure as well.  I suggest (if you
> haven't already done this) that you have a look at the article
> "Installing phpMyAdmin on Linux" at
>
> http://www.madpenguin.org/Article861.html
>
> which has some useful information on configuration.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Peter Silcock

Hello

It could be that you have the wrong Version of PHP - My Admin

look for Version "phpMyAdmin-2.5.6-rc1.tar.bz2" this should go.

And set the correct settings in config.inc.php from you´re Server
but it should work from beginning when you don´t have changed anything
on the mysql server. The newer releases don´t need register_globals so
it should work!

On my Server it goes fine! I only unpack the Version I told you in the
root Directory of the websever and named it phpMyAdmin and it works

--
Dirk Wendland
homepage:www.develop.if2.de
mail:dirk.wendland at nexgo.de
working on:Develop a development tool for html|php|c++|java|OpenGL