RAID - hardware to running system ?

Bob Hartung rwhart at netexpress.net
Wed Feb 18 01:20:01 UTC 2004

RAID again.
  I have FC1 with all upgrades.  I have now purchased an installed a
3ware 7006-2 ATA Raid controller.  The 3w-xxxx.o files already exists in
/lib/modules/kernel/2......./drivers/scsi.  I did copy the lastest
version of this file ( 3w-xxxx.o ) to the directory.  When I use the
hardware browser the ATA cards is correctly reported.

  I find a lot of info on raid except for the "simple & basic" stuff:
  1.  How will the two drives that are attached to the raid controller
appear if they are seen?  e.g. in dmesg?
  2.  Do I need to make a device called /dev/md0 manually? Or is its
absence an indication that set up is incomplete?
  3.  Once I know what its called and how to find it I can then makefs
ext3 ( so far? )

Thanks,

Bob