Micro$oft $uck$

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Feb 19 20:55:01 UTC 2004

Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Robin Laing wrote:
>

>>I have yet to rebuild a linux machine in almost 10 years.
>

> oh, come on.  *all* of us have rebuilt linux machines at one time
> or another.  what you mean is that you were never *forced* to;
> you simply *chose* to.  big difference.
>
> macbeth.
>
> rday

I did forget the move from Slackware to RH but you are right about not
having been forced to.  Since then it was just upgrades.

On a new computer in 1994, I ran Slackware.  Put RH 5 which later was
upgraded 6 and finally 7.x in 1999.  This machine was just replaced
last month with a new machine running Fedora.  I still have the
Original HD from it.  I have moved data and OS to new HD's when errors
started to appear but I never had to stop using the computer and
re-install from scratch.

It was used as a server and thus didn't get switched off much.

It was a pentium 90 that worked well but was getting way to slow for
anything useful.

The original HD was 9gig scsi and cost over $6000 in 1994.

--
Robin Laing