cifs mount no read/write

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Wed Feb 25 23:35:27 UTC 2004

Harry Putnam wrote:

>I'm actually running core2 stuff but don't think it is realated to my
>current problem.  Seems like a general fedora users type of question.
>
>I'm mounting Windows partitions remotely with cifs.  No trouble
>getting them mounted but once mounted they are read/only.
>
>Its a fat32 partition in this example:
>  (wrapped for mail)
>
>mount.cifs //192.168.0.15/win-d /mnt/win-d -o \
> rw,username=Administrator,password=''

This has an error.   Mount requires the options BEFORE the device being
mounted.
Maybe that is the problem since it does not apply your options to the
mount command.

SYNOPSIS
       mount [-lhV]

       mount -a [-fFnrsvw] [-t vfstype] [-O optlist]
       mount [-fnrsvw] [-o options [,...]] device | dir
       mount [-fnrsvw] [-t vfstype] [-o options] device dir