Empty /tmp when shutting down

Vink vinksoft at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 26 12:20:03 UTC 2004

Robert Vangel wrote:

> I never thought of that...
>
> Nice :)
>
> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>

>> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Robert Vangel wrote:
>>

>>> You could create a init script in rc6.d and rc0.d which does an
>>>
>>> rm -rf /tmp/* /tmp/.*
>>>
>>> I don't think it has one built in though

>> why not just mount a "tmpfs" filesystem under tmp?  that goes away
>> automatically when you shut down.
>>
>> rday

I always had tmpfs until I used the burner in webmin, this creates
.webmin directory with an iso file and that is way too large for a tmpfs
/tmp. Then you have to mess around in the perl scripts of webmin, to get
.webmin somewhere else, a symlink does not help, because it removes
itselfs in advance.
Also downloadling files with Mozilla goes first via /tmp.

--
Peace is everywhere
http://gershwin.xs4all.nl