df doesn't work on large drives?

Bevan C. Bennett bevan at fulcrummicro.com
Thu Feb 26 20:18:06 UTC 2004

Hugh Caley wrote:
> I'm unable to use df on a large nfs mounted drive; I get the error:
>
> bash-2.05b$ df .
> Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
> df: `/nfs/rt1': Value too large for defined data type
>
> A RedHat 9 box returns the following on the same mount:
>
> -bash-2.05b$ df -h .
> raidtome.ev.affymetrix.com:/home/tome
>                      1.9T  1.6T  324G  84% /nfs/rt1
>

> Hugh

I don't see this problem on my FC1 installs:
[bevan at saladin ~]> df -h .
home:/vol/home        1.2T  1.1T  125G  90% /mnt/fulcrum/home
[bevan at saladin net]> df -h .
netscratch:/home/mnt  1.2T 1001G  200G  84% /mnt/fulcrum/scratch1
[bevan at saladin net2]> df -h .
scratchnet:/home/net  1.4T  1.1T  282G  80% /mnt/fulcrum/scratch2

Unless it works with 1.4T and fails with 1.9T, which seems unlikely.