Problems trying to rebuild amanda

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Sun Feb 1 01:01:19 UTC 2004

I'm trying to rebuild the rpm for Amanda (Advanced Maryland Automatic
Network Disk Archiver) , but I'm having some issues.. During build , it
tries to find $BUILDDIR/tape-src/.libs , but this .libs directory doesnt
exist.. I created it myself and the build proceded .. However now I get
the following error:
+ pushd tape-src/.libs
~/rpmbuild/BUILD/amanda-2.4.4p1/tape-src/.libs
~/rpmbuild/BUILD/amanda-2.4.4p1
+ install -m 755 amtapetype /var/tmp/amanda-2.4.4p1-root//usr/sbin
install: cannot stat `amtapetype': No such file or directory
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.50394 (%install)

Probably this is related to the .libs dir..  Any ideas on how can I fix
this? I need to rebuild these rpms , so I can use amanda on my backup
server (the standard rpm has one problem.. it runs as "amanda" user ...
we already have a real user whose login is amanda , so we have to
recompile amanda to run as the user "backup"...)

Pedro Macedo