modprobe trying to load sound-slot-1/sound-service-1-0

Björn Persson bjorn_persson at sverige.nu
Sun Feb 1 03:20:11 UTC 2004

> Do you think removing /dev/mixer1 and maybe /dev/dsp1 would fix this?
> Would it be safe to delete these two devices considering I have only one
> sound card?

I don't think it would hurt. Ideally only the devices you really have
should be represented in /dev. It won't fix the error though, just
remove the symptoms, which you've already done.

It might not even be an error. It might be some program probing to see
how many sound devices you have.

Björn Persson