The upgrade is complete..

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Feb 1 09:06:45 UTC 2004

I have been putting off upgrading my RH9 desktop for a while now, but
yesterday I climbed into it..

Copied my entire home directory and other data to another PC then did a
fresh install.. The in just copied back my .mozilla and .gaim
direcrities into my new how directory and everything was there, all my
bookmarks, mailinglist rules.. everything.. It was the most painless
upgrade of a desktop I have ever done.. then just copied back all my data..

I updated the system using yum and my local mirror site, and then added
the updated gmone-panel to get the drawres working..

Finally I added the latest JRE and Flash plugins to mozilla..

I am sure there will be a few apps that I am going to have to reinstall
but all in all it was a piece of cake..

I recommend anyone who is still hanging back on installing FC1 to go for
it..

Later..