fstab vanishing entries

Daniel R. Jimenez zooid at dodo.com.au
Sun Feb 1 13:07:00 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have just completed clean install of fedora core 1. Since I have a
number of HD which I do not what mounted at boot time, I have included a
line in the fstab such as

/dev/hda1	/mnt/w2k	vfat	noauto,user,kudzu,rw, 0 0

and also created a dir int /mnt called w2k so I can through a icon on
the desktop mount the drive. This works fine, until I reboot, at which
time the line added to the fstab vanishes, as well as the dir I create
in the /mnt dir

I feel like I am loosing the plot, what is the prob?

zOOid