up2date hangs

John McBride jmcbride at ccis.com
Sun Feb 1 17:43:16 UTC 2004

Thorsten Keissner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with the up2date service. If I start an update of a
> package the following popup comes "Testing package set / solving RPM
> inter-dependencies". After this the up2date-agent hangs!!
>
> Does someone knows this problem?
>
> Thorsten

If you are using yum via the unoffical fedora faq, and/or the livna
repositories, I think it could cause this.

I'm using the yum.conf from the UFAQ at fedora.artoo.net and my up2date
button went red last night for "xmms-mp3". Up2date hung just as you
describe.

Running it from the command line ("# yum update") resulted in a circular
dependency loop for xmms and xmms-mp3....I've posted elsewhere about it.

Could be the same for you?

---
John