FTP Server

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sun Feb 1 19:09:57 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-01 at 14:02, Cowles, Steve wrote:

> > There is no such thing as a secure ftp server.  I highly suggest you
> > look into sftp/scp via OpenSSH.
>
> Despite Jason's rather narrow minded view of what constitutes a secure
> service... I have been running pute-ftpd for a couple of years now. To this
> day, I have not regretted that decision.

	You should also check out vsftpd.  It's the default on FC1, if I
remember right.  It's more secure than any other but one side effect
that it has is it's the fastest non-specialized ftpd there is.  If you
think you'll have a LOT of traffic and could use more speed then it
might be for you.

--
Akebono vs Godzilla!  Coming soon to a theater near you.