Grub not starting Windows

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Feb 1 19:11:51 UTC 2004

antonio montagnani wrote:
> On one of my systems (Windows 2000+Fedora) suddenly Windows is not
> starting from start-up menu at boot (Fedora is running fine)
> Any suggestion??? Shall I have to clean MBR and re-install Grub??
> Grub.conf seems not to be corrupted.
>
> TNX

Instead of the rootnoverify option directly, you might want to add this
sample config entry from "info grub"

   # For booting Windows NT or Windows95
      title Windows NT / Windows 95 boot menu
      root        (hd0,0)
      makeactive
      chainloader +1

This worked for me with XP as the primary drive and with Linux as the
secondary drive.

I wouldn't reinstall grub, just edit the entry in the grub.conf file.

Jim