Is rhythmbox this useless??

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Feb 1 21:04:38 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-01 at 15:43, WipeOut wrote:
> Marius Andreiana wrote:
>
> >yes :)
> >
> >On Sun, 2004-02-01 at 21:16, WipeOut wrote:
> >

> >>Is there a solution to getting it to work properly or is it easier to
> >>just switch back to xmms that to have to fight with this new one..
> >>

> >why is xmms bad? I find it easy to use (keyboard shortcuts so you can
> >play music as desired with monitor turned off), simple and fast.
> >I've closed rhythmbox after I added my music folder to "library" and it
> >was still scanning it minutes later. xmms does an excellent job at
> >search with "j" key.
> >

> So back to xmms it is then.. :)
>
> Later..

Have you tried the GTK+2.x version of xmms?  I personally think the
newer xmms is really nice.  I liked the interface for rhythmbox, though
I have had too many issues with it as well.  There is about a 2-3 second
lag when it tries to switch songs in my playlist and the CPU spikes, I
guess this is really a problem of gstreamer and not rhythmbox.

Jim Drabb
The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/NT/XP or better."
So, I installed LINUX!
James Drabb JR
Senior Programmer Analyst
Davenport, FL USA