A host of person at redhat.com messages with virus attachements

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Feb 1 21:43:51 UTC 2004

I looked in the headers and noted an address
(tony07-108-63.inter.net.il [80.230.108.63
on one of the messages that did not get picked up by my roadrunner
pre-scanned virus scanner. I noticed a lot of messages from redhat.com
address with different email accounts from different lists.

Do you think that the mailing lists need a virus scanner to proeect
users of M$ products from getting zapped by virus on the archives?

Should the archives drop the attachments? Or should they just be purged
by some AV scanner to rid the archives from virus?

Later,

Jim

PS - Using Linux w/o Windows access, but concerned about the mail
scanners picking up the virus alerts.