SCSI needs

Patrick Nelson pnelson at neatech.com
Sun Feb 1 21:58:09 UTC 2004

FC1 uptodate with yum.

I have to move a scsi drive to a system because the system that it is on
is old and is failing...  Problem is that I don't have a SCSI card in
any of my other systems.  I went looking in my ole' bin of computer
cards and found 2 IDE SCSI cards:

  Adaptec AHA-1520A
  Adaptec AHA-1540CF

The 1520 has jumpers on it and I have no idea what they are, but the
1540 has a toggle switch block with a lable on the back of the card
documenting the toggles.  Great...

But I was wondering should I even try either of these or buy (or search
for) another version.  I'm running out of time with the failing system
and kind of want to resolve this quicker.  Any suggestions to how to
setup the 1540 or a better course of action?

TIA