OT: Belkin wireless products

Andrew Robinson awrobinson at cox.net
Mon Feb 2 06:41:38 UTC 2004

In today's Sunday newspaper, Office Max is advertising some very good
rebate deals on Belkin 802.11g wireless products. (Actually they say
54G. Is there a difference?) I was looking at the wireless router and
the wireless notebook card. The PC card would go in a Dell Latittude
laptop that mostly runs Windows 2000, but on which I also run Linux
(Redhat 9 currently, though I plan to update to Fedora Core 1). I know
very little about the relative merits of different vendors' wireless
products. So I was hoping to get some opinions from folks on this list.

Is the Belkin router and adapter worth having? Will the laptop adapter
work with Linux? Any thing else I should know about them?

Thanks!

Andrew Robinson