athlon related kernel source

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Mon Feb 2 16:15:19 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Jack Nicholas wrote:

> Sorry for "newbie-ness" of question:
> I'm told I need to download FC1 kernel source to /USR/SRC/ in order to
> compile.

This is kernel-source rpm package - you'll need it only if you have to
install some additional drivers (nvidia etc.. ) with the installed
kernel

> I have an Athlon XP processor. I assume I need to download the Athlon
> related package, no?

nope.

> When I installed FC1 did it make any difference whether my machin is
> Athlon, i686, or whatever?

The installer (anaconda) should have already installed the 'athlon' specific
kernel. To verify this - do:

rpm -q --qf "%{NAME}-%{ARCH}\n" kernel

Satish