Canon S750 Printer - draft quality only?

Don Levey fedora-list at the-leveys.us
Mon Feb 2 16:17:27 UTC 2004

I have a hybrid (win/Linux) network at home, and a Canon S750 printer
attached to one of my Windows machines.  I am able to connect, and
print, to this printer using SMB print shares on my Linux machines.
However, the print quality seems to always be draft.  The blacks are
grey, the colors are sparse.  From Windows, I get full quality.

This printer does not show in the list of printers I can set up from
within FC1.  I choose a Canon S800, or S600, as well as BJC 8200,
with identical results.  Canon of course has no Linux info or
drivers; when I need another printer I'll get one which is
compatible.  Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?  Has anyone
gotten this to print with decent quality?  I see sites using a Google
search, but I only read English  :-(

Thanks,
 -Don