Canon S750 Printer - draft quality only?

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Mon Feb 2 16:29:41 UTC 2004

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 11:17:27AM -0500, Don Levey wrote:

> I have a hybrid (win/Linux) network at home, and a Canon S750
> printer attached to one of my Windows machines.  I am able to
> connect, and print, to this printer using SMB print shares on my
> Linux machines.  However, the print quality seems to always be
> draft.  The blacks are grey, the colors are sparse.  From Windows, I
> get full quality.

Could you please try the test printer driver updates for Fedora Core
1?  They are in the updates-testing channel, and you need these three:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2004-January/msg00163.html
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2004-January/msg00293.html
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2004-February/msg00008.html

If you try them out, please let me know if they improve quality or
not.

(The same goes for anyone else with printer driver problems in Fedora
Core 1.)

Thanks,
Tim.
*/