Is rhythmbox this useless??

Bob Arendt rda at rincon.com
Mon Feb 2 20:26:50 UTC 2004

Joe Klemmer wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-02-01 at 20:35, Andre Costa wrote:
> 	Ah, ok.  I set it to OSS and the test beeeeeeeeeep comes out fine.  But
> it still doesn't play any of the radio stations.  I haven't tried to
> play a CD yes, though.

I've used it with some radio stations successfully.  Had to use
ethereal to trace one of them - the problem station sending a "MOVED"
message that rhythmbox didn't understand.  Entered the new address
and it came right up.  I was rhythmbox URL's with .m3u and .pls
extentions.

I'm running rhythmbox against the 2.6.1-61 development kernel.  But
I still have to select "OSS" style playback.  Oddly, rhythmbox
didn't work when Alsa was selected.

-Bob Arendt