SSH Display Problem

Mike Chepesky pesky1229 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 3 05:07:46 UTC 2004

>Did you try 'ssh -X' - and made sure the display is set correctly?
>something like:
>
>ssh -X -l login_name server_name
>echo $DISPLAY #for eg: 'localhost:11.0'
>xterm

The issue I have with that is, I'm not sure what is *supposed* to be in
$DISPLAY. For example, when running the commands above, I get, after the
echo, " rees.math:60.0". rees is the server name to which I am connecting.
Should this be, or should it be set to "localhost...."? How would I change
it?

Mike