LCD monitor recomendation

Chris Hewitt fedlist at manordat.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 3 09:04:48 UTC 2004

Richard E Miles wrote:

> Hi
> I 'm looking to upgrade my monitor and would like to get an LCD monitor.
> Preferable a 17 inch. Can I just buy a monitor or do I have to worry
> about linux XFree86 compatibility?
> Can anybody recommend a good LCD monitor?
> Thanks

I'm using a LG Flatron L1710B. It was auto-detected via the i845 video
when Fedora was installed. If putting it onto an existing installation
then selecting "Generic LCD Monitor" and "1280*1024" resolution sets it
up. I can't compare this with other panels as this is the only one I've
used, but I'm very pleased with it.

HTH
Chris