Spam filter?

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Tue Feb 3 13:16:34 UTC 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 12:45:13 +0100 (CET) Roger Grosswiler <roger at gwch.net> wrote:

> > Roger Grosswiler wrote:
> > The mesages are going through.. I have just been ignoring the spam
> > messge.. I was actuallu thinking about setting up a rule to
> > automatically bin it..
> .no solution. I was trying to find out quickly a e-mail-adress on the
> redhat website - i didn't find any. perhaps already looking to long in
> this tv here....

> i sent a e-mail to postmaster at redhat.com and mentionned this, and they
> please shall inform fedora-list...the mail has been accepted, so i wait
> for a reply from redhat.

this isn't redhat's fault.

it has to do with the mail servers for some recipient of the fedora
list. they are doing an idiot check comparing the email address
in RCPT TO with the To: address in the message headers, and
then bitching when they are different. it's one of the oldest
and dumbest of all filters because nearly all mailing lists will
have different values here.

someone's mail admins need to be slapped down.

richard
Richard Welty                                         rwelty at averillpark.net