System lockup with SMP Kernel.

Paul Furness paul.furness at vil.ite.mee.com
Tue Feb 3 15:42:49 UTC 2004

Interestingly, I had the system hang on me 5 times today. I then stopped
cron and anacron, and just to make sure I individually ran all the jobs
that anacron might have tried to run (/etc/cron.*/*) without any
trouble.

cron and anacron are still stopped, and I haven't hung since. I'll try
leaving it on overnight tonight and see what happens.

I did recompile the kernel but haven't tried booting it yet, because the
system hasn't hung for a while.

Oh, incidentally (in case this helps) I have Athlons, not Pentiums, so
this doesn't look to be CPU specific.

Watch this space for further updates... :)

P.