Sata promise raid (repost)

Kevin Street kwsml at rogers.com
Tue Feb 3 17:02:57 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 08:17, Wayne Spivak wrote:
> Just got a new dell with the sata promise raid controller + 2 sata 120gb drives.
>
> Fedora sees the driver (controller card) but not the drives (specifically it sees “Intel PIIX/ICH ata controllers (ata-piix)
>
> Any ideas

Check the list archives. Some SATA controllers are supported (eg my Asus
P4P with an on board ICH5R), but I believe that none of the Promise SATA
cards were supported until later kernel versions.  You may have to
install on an IDE drive, then upgrade kernels in order to see the new
drives on the Promise.

--
Kevin Street
street at rogers.com