Anyone using Win4Lin from Netraverse with Fedora

Shannon McMackin mcmackin at shentel.net
Tue Feb 3 19:42:21 UTC 2004

Frank Lipski wrote:
> I have used Win4Lin for several years with various versions of Redhat
> including 9.  I just installed Fedora and the online installer is saying
> no compatible kernel found.
>
> Netraverse shows via faq that is works with core release 1, but now
> details.
>
> This seems to be a very active list so I thought someone out there would
> be using Win4Lin with Fedora.
>
> Thanks, Frank

I'm using win4lin, but my load happens to be running on a RH9 kernel
because of my need to use the Netlock client which doesn't function
properly with any of the FC1 kernels yet.  I did install Win4Lin under
FC1, but against the RH9 kernel.

I agree with Jay, try updating the installer and you should be fine.

Shannon McMackin
mcmackin at shentel.net