Win4Lin Kernel

Ed epugh1 at nycap.rr.com
Tue Feb 3 20:34:22 UTC 2004

> Message: 16
> To: fedora-list at redhat.com
> From: Shannon McMackin <mcmackin at shentel.net>
> Subject: Re: Anyone using Win4Lin from Netraverse with Fedora
> Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 14:42:21 -0500
>
> Frank Lipski wrote:
> > I have used Win4Lin for several years with various versions of Redhat
> > including 9.  I just installed Fedora and the online installer is saying
> > no compatible kernel found.
> >
> > Netraverse shows via faq that is works with core release 1, but now
> > details.
> >
> > This seems to be a very active list so I thought someone out there would
> > be using Win4Lin with Fedora.
> >
> > Thanks, Frank
>
> I'm using win4lin, but my load happens to be running on a RH9 kernel
> because of my need to use the Netlock client which doesn't function
> properly with any of the FC1 kernels yet.  I did install Win4Lin under
> FC1, but against the RH9 kernel.
>
> I agree with Jay, try updating the installer and you should be fine.
>
> Shannon McMackin
> mcmackin at shentel.net
I am using Win4Lin with Fedora but not the latest kernel from Fedora.  I am
running 2.4.22-1.2129.  If I install the latest kernel and then try to update
Win4Lin I receive the message that you received.  I would downgrade to this
kernel if you can live with the security issues.  I am not sure what
Neotraverse's policy is on keeping up with kernel upgrades.  I am hoping to
be able to upgrade Win4lin once 2.6 is available in Fedora 2.