Spamassassin in evolution

Markku Kolkka markkukolkka at kolumbus.fi
Tue Feb 3 22:42:18 UTC 2004

Charles Howse kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika keskiviikko 04. helmikuuta 2004 00:19):
> VERY interesting.  I need to look into this further.  I'm
> currently using KMail, but if Evolution has built-in support
> for spamassassin, I don't mind switching.

You can use spamassassin with KMail filtering features, no need to switch.

> I assume there's a HOWTO somewhere, I'll look for one.

1. In KMail menus, select Settings->Configure Filters
2. Create a new filter with filter criteria:
    <any header> matches regular expression .
    (the regular expression is just the character "." meaning
    "any character")
    and filter action:
    pipe through spamc
    Uncheck the box "stop processing if this filter matches"
3. Add a second filter below the one created in step 2, with criteria:
    <any header> contains X-Spam-Flag: YES
    and action:
    move to folder trash
    (or whatever you want to do with your spam)
    check the "stop processing..." box

--
	Markku Kolkka
	markku.kolkka at iki.fi