LCD monitor recommendation

Richard E Miles r.godzilla at comcast.net
Wed Feb 4 00:59:54 UTC 2004

|I've got a Hitachi CML175SXW, and it's great. | |The things to look for
in an LCD monitor are the contrast (you want at |least 400:1) and the
brightness (250cd is the min, for me anyway..300 is |better). Refresh
time is important if you are going to be playing |"twich" games or
watching video. Try for < 20ms. | |If your video card has DVI output,
I'd highly recommend getting an LCD |that supports it...better image. |
|-Pete | |Richard E Miles wrote:

>> Hi
>> I 'm looking to upgrade my monitor and would like to get an LCD monitor.
>> Preferable a 17 inch. Can I just buy a monitor or do I have to worry
>> about linux XFree86 compatibility?
>> Can anybody recommend a good LCD monitor?
>> Thanks

thanks Pete

--
Richard Miles