yum update problem

david walcroft david_walcroft at yahoo.com.au
Wed Feb 4 06:41:00 UTC 2004

david walcroft wrote:
> I've downloaded KDE-3.2 that I want update,put them in a separate dir.
> as usual,ran yum-arch,checked the headers,run yum update kde\* and yum
> cannot find any packages.Is using <kde\*>as [package] the correct way to
> install/upgrade multiple packages.
>
>     david

I fixed my problem. yum.conf had my-local repo pointed at
/home/david/rpm,the KDE.rpms are in rpm/Kde and no headers in
/var/cache/. So I added separate repo's for each dir.

[my-local-0]
name=My Local Repo
baseurl=file:///home/david/rpm

[my-local-1]
name=My Local Repo
baseurl=file:///home/david/rpm/Alsa

[my-local-2]
name=My Local Repo
baseurl=file:///home/david/rpm/Lib

[my-local-3]
name=My Local Repo
baseurl=file:///home/david/rpm/Mplayer

[my-local-4]
name=My Local Repo
baseurl=file:///home/david/rpm/Mysql

[my-local-5]
name=My Local Repo
baseurl=file:///home/david/rpm/Kde

Then ran yum-arch after cleaning up the rpm's
yum update then loaded in KDE but not as a group.

     david